1. Goats look sweaty. Which makes me feel that it would make the milk taste salty. Who would want a salty drink to go along with their cereal in the morning? And I feel the salt would fuel the flames if I was trying to use goat milk to calm my mouth after a spicy food attack.
after goat milk
2. I feel it would be a personal insult to cows. I've gone my whole life just drinking their milk if I changed now I worry they'd think something was wrong.
3. Anything that can also be turned into a great bar of soap shouldn't also be edible in my book.
4. I was attacked by a goat when I was 13. I still have some scars that can't be fixed by applying a little Maderma Scar Gel on them. If only emotional scarring was that easy to cure...
|When I rubbed Maderma on my head to heal emotional scars all I get it is weird looks.|
5. They have actually dairy cows . That makes me feel better about drinking cow milk. They're known for milk. Do they have dairy goats? I didn't think so.
After rereading my list of negative thoughts about goat milk I started to feel maybe I'm being a little too hard on the whole thing. Maybe goat milk wouldn't be so bad. I mean, I've never tried it so I also have to look at the good as well. ( I'm pretty indecisive if you can't tell. )
So here are my 5 reason why I WOULD try goat milk.
1. I own goat milk soap. I guess if I ever have to survive in my bathroom for a length of time not only would I smell clean but I maybe wouldn't starve!
2. The goat that attacked me was once my friend. I would try it in memory of her. I miss you Pearl. Ever thought you tried to maul me to death.
3. There are worse things out there to try than goat milk. If I ever did feel risky goat milk would be safer to try than, say, crack cocaine.
4. Some cultures LOVE goat milk. Why should I judge them?
After writing that last one I then thought, "Some cultures also eat brains and intestines" and that stopped me right in my tracks.That thought was all I needed to stop me making my maybe list.
So in the end, no. No I will never drink goat milk. If you eat intestines and brains and even goat milk I say good for you! Not my cup of tea!